Anxiety is a natural response meant to help us deal with threats in our environment. However, anxiety stops being helpful when we cannot turn it off in everyday normal situations. Over time, excessive anxiety negatively affects one’s emotional well-being, relationships with others, health, career, and identity.
Symptoms of chronic anxiety:
Intrusive thoughts or worries that you are unable to control
- Worrying constantly
- Restlessness, agitation, or irritability
- Repetitive behaviors performed to subdue your anxiety
- Experiencing recurring panic attacks
- Insomnia or never feeling rested after sleep
- Suffering from phobias or extreme fears
- Inability to relax
- Health issues such as stomach problems or muscle tension in your shoulders, neck, or back
- Procrastination or fear of decision-making
- Feelings of depression
- Inability to concentrate
- Feelings of isolation
- Feeling misunderstood
- Relationship problems
I work with clients to develop healthy coping skills, and thinking through evidence-based techniques and therapies. Together, we create meaningful goals toward a more manageable, satisfying life.
Benefits of anxiety counseling:
- Develop new thinking patterns to reduce worry
- Overcome phobias and fears
- Improve relationships
- Learn new ways to relax
- Eliminate health problems associated with anxiety
Want to schedule an appointment?
If you are ready to heal and take the next step forward toward a life you love, you can contact me at either (832) 602-2938 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. I will respond within two business days.
*I do not provide psychological testing and do not prescribe psychiatric medications.