What is the Enneagram?
The Enneagram clearly describes why people think, feel, and behave in particular ways based upon core fears and core desires.
The power of the Enneagram is in its ability to harness and transform self-limiting behaviors into life-enhancing personal empowerment.
The gift of the Enneagram is that through self-discovery, one can create and sustain meaningful and lasting relationships with others and themselves.
As a clinician, the Enneagram is the typology that I have found most helpful in organizing my own work and understanding the most enduring lifelong patterns in my clients.The Enneagram is a powerful tool to incorporate along with multiple counseling tools as you build on your strengths, unlearn some of your not-so-helpful patterns, and gain more understanding of the important people in your life.
Check out the following tools and resources:
The Enneagram assessments offer a place to begin your journey of understanding your Enneagram type. Take the results with a grain of salt. These tests offer one piece of data on a continued path of learning your type. It is common for people to identify with two or three of the types in the beginning and narrow down over time. The Enneagram journey is also a matter of awareness, watching yourself, and noticing where you fit best in the descriptions.
- Art of Growth – Episode 1: Enneagram Overview and Season Introduction
- Discover the Enneagram
- The Enneagram Journey
- What do I do after I figure out my number?
Easily Accessible Enneagram Books and Websites
- Tour the Nine Enneagram Types
- Enneagram Institute Website
- Understanding the Enneagram: The Practical Guide to Personality Types, Don Riso and Russ Hudson (2000)
- “The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the 9 Types of People, by Elizabeth Wagele and Rene Baron (1994)
- “The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery,” by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile (2016)
- “Essential Enneagram: The Definitive Personality Test and Self-Discovery Guide,” David Daniels and Virginia Price (2009)