- Is your past disrupting your present?
- Is anxiety overwhelming your ability to live in the “now?”
- Has unresolved trauma from childhood, perhaps through abuse or neglect, affected your mental and physical wellbeing as an adult?
- Do you have flashbacks, intrusive memories or nightmares? Take the PTSD screening test to find out if you are struggling with PTSD.
- Is it hard for you to connect with or trust others?
- Are you afraid you will never be able to move forward?
- Do you wish you could relax physically and emotionally?
Trauma recovery is possible. A trauma can be caused by a specific event (like an accident or an assault), a recurring event (like combat exposure or repeated abuse) or a developmental trauma (like physical or emotional neglect in childhood). Trauma can also be caused by many other frightening situations, such as bullying, abuse, rape, crime, war, victimization and shaming/humiliation. When we are in the presence of these kinds of dangers, our bodies get ready to respond, changing physiologically to prepare to deal with the situation. This is an adaptive response when a threat present, but sometimes the body is not able to turn it off after the danger has passed. Whether you have been exposed to a life or death situation, or have experienced something in childhood that your body interpreted as a dangerous situation, the effect is the same.
I am trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), a powerful treatment modality “that has helped over 2 million people of all ages relieve many types of psychological distress.” EMDR is particularly effective in reducing the symptoms that have developed from recent trauma, past traumas, and/or abuse. Research is currently being conducted on numerous other issues and EMDR is shown to be effective in reducing anxiety, overcoming phobias, and other life challenging symptoms.
Want to schedule an appointment?
If you are ready to heal and take the next step forward toward a life you love, you can contact me at either (832) 602-2938 or email@example.com for more information. I will respond within two business days.